TG-12x4 thrufeed machine with the thrufeed microsize adjustment feature
The Size Control of the grinder is provided with a Ball Screw and precise micro feed Stepping Motor. Use the hand held Pulse Generator to click the ram position in or out at 20 millionths increments. Add an optional Glass Scale Linear Encoder and Digital Ram Bed Position Display for finer resolution. We have an optional Micrometer Centerline Height Adjustment Device to position the blade height for perfect roundness results.
Here we are showing our Royal Master Centerless Grinder Model TG-12x4 with Thrufeed Micro-Size feature. To make this machine productive and efficient, we are using an In-Line Vibratory Bowl Feed System and an Exit Side Unload Conveyor. The aluminum Valve Spool is grinding at an efficient thruput rate with limited operator intervention. This will hold true in a heavy one pass grind or even with a tandem light finish pass if closer tolerance is needed.
The Thrufeed Centerless grinder at IMTS 2012
TG-12x4 Servo Cycle
Positioned in-between the autocycle and the Hi-Accuracy system, this controls package offers a friendly touchscreen for the operator to interface. Programmable infeed rates and distances, program storage, and the opportunity to hook up a post process gauge completes the package. Popular options include automatic wheel dressing, and auto loading systems.
A newer option introduced recently is upgrades to the Air Sensing Dressers on both the Work and Regulating Wheels. We have made these available as Automatic by using motors and lifting air cylinders. The Work Wheel Dresser is automatic in down feed and traverse. The optional Regulating Wheel Lateral Adjust feature allows for fast alignment of the Regulating Wheel Form to the Work Wheel Form.
The Servo Cycle System is:
- Designed with a Ball Screw and Frameless Servo Motor with Rotary Encoder
- Optional Linear Glass Scale
- Infeed and Thrufeed Grind
- 40 millionths of an inch or 1.0 Micron Repeatability
- Easy To Use Touch Screen Operator Interface
- Programmable Infeed Cycles can be saved and recalled with unique file names
- Thrufeed Grind with fine resolution positioning to 0.000,01" (0.00025mm) increments
- 2" of Ram Bed travel allowing for easy removal of Grinding Wheel
- Digital Read-out of Ram Position
- Tachometer and Ammeter Display on screen
- Library Storage on PLC of multiple Infeed Cycle Parameters
- Expandable I/O for Automation
- Servo Motor Driven Regulating Wheel
- Available communication for Feed Systems